Are you a true Digital (Web) Development Leader or do you have the ambition to be one?
The Company and culture
Our client is a well-known Nordic company with high awareness in the digital media Industry. The Group has around 2.200 employees split into the 4 Nordic countries.
You will be joining a company who encourage people to grow and develop every day. They have a deep business focus and commitment which leads to borderless collaborations and passionate drive.
The culture is
The journey towards Digital First strategy
In the beginning of 2019 the new Nordic CIO entered the company with a huge focus on the Digital Agenda. This is a good time to join the company and influence the Digital First strategy with a lot of challenging topics on the agenda.
The Team Lead role and your opportunity
Whether you have already some leadership experience, or you have an ambition and potential to be a Teamlead and Leader in the future, we are interested in hearing from you.
Part of the Nordic Team-lead team working close with management
You will interact with the other Nordic Team-leads and participate in weekly alignment meetings on a Nordic level. Thereby you are involved in strategic and tactic decisions related to your team and work. You will have the opportunity to get high influence on both how we do things, the future technology stack, to put your own team together, and in the communication with the business you are able to influence the solutions towards a huge customer base externally.
You will be supported from the Manager of Digital Solutions all the way around, both in learning the leadership role, growing the team, stakeholder management, technologies etc. And in time, you will take over stepwise on the areas where you become confident. If you are an experienced leader already, the Manager will act upon your request, and you will have the space and freedom to Lead on your own.
The team today is growing
You will take over 2-3 digital developers now and grow the team further during the next years. In the beginning you will still develop digital solutions together with the team, and when the team is full, we expect you to have leadership time around 30-40 % of the time or more. The Nordic Digital & IT area have 70 developers in total.
- People Management – day-to-day management of development-team in Stockholm. Mainly making sure the team feels important, you listen to them and facilitate them to grow their potential
- Day-to-day management of external consultants when being used and scanning of consultant candidates when needed
- Align business strategies and roadmaps
- Assist in On-board/off-board/Recruit/Job Descriptions when recruiting new developers
- Assure quality of delivered services is high and well tested
- Together with other Nordic teams, maintain a solid development process that supports agile work methods (e.g. Scrum/Kanban/Safe)
- Make sure the team are capable and being an Ambassador of Continuous Integration and development
- Participate in Team-lead and IT Management meetings and decisions
- 3+ or more years of experience within digital software development meaning a solid experience, but you don’t need to be the most experienced developer, while you will move towards the leadership role
- Some experience with leading people/developers or you have shown high potential for leadership of teams
- Solid experience within an IT development environment
- Experience from either a Nordic, Multi-site or International environment is an advantage
- Strong knowledge in agile work methods, where a Scrum Master role/certification is an advantage
- Fluent English and Swedish both verbally and in writing
- An Educational background e.g. on Bachelor or Master Level within Digital/IT is an advantage
This role is placed in Stockholm, where a brand-new office building is ready soon.
The role will have a few travel days. It will be traveling within the Nordic countries to meetings or international conferences within Digital/IT.
The company offers a competitive remuneration based on your experience and the salary package etc. will follow Swedish conditions.
Apply and Contact
If you have any questions or you are curious about the position, please do not hesitate to call Management by Nordved – Partner Helle Nordved on +45 22197391.