DFDS A/S, a major player in international short sea shipping, is looking for a driven, talented and passionated Senior Finance Business Partner for the HQ in Copenhagen
DFDS is a Danish shipping company which was established in 1866. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen.
DFDS provides ferry shipping services and transport solutions in Europe. Over 8,000 freight customers rely on our ferry and port terminal services as well as flexible transport and logistics solutions. We also provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services to seven million passengers, many travelling in their own car.
We have more than 7,000 employees in 20 countries. DFDS is headquartered in Copenhagen.
More information on www.dfds.com
Would you like to help develop the role of Senior Finance Business Partner in an international, listed company and whose expansion is expected to continue through further acquisitions and organic growth?
Key role in an international organization!
As Senior Finance Business Partner you will be a part of the Shipping Division Senior Business Partner team, which plays a central role as sparring partner for the Divisional CFO and the Management team responsible for individual business units. The team is close-knit and characterized by a high professional standard and the ability to take fresh initiatives in a busy and challenging environment.
You will report to the CFO Shipping Division and be based at DFDS Headquarter at Sundkrogsgade in central Copenhagen.
Your roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Act as sparring partner for the management of the different business units in the Shipping Division.
- Support and Prepare, develop and improve ongoing internal reporting, both historical and budgets/forecasts, hereunder identifying, preparing and interpretation of relevant key performance indicators.
- Through analysis to challenge the business units and participate in the process securing improvements and optimizations.
- Helping defining and implement the Business partnering concept (supporting strategy formulation and execution)
- Participate in projects related to new initiatives/business as well as improvements of existing
- Controlling of accounting information from the different business units.
- Be a part of developing our SAP/BPC reporting tool
In view of the number of international subsidiaries you can expect some business travel – primarily in northern Europe – estimated at 10-20 days per year.
Relevant education and work experience
You posses a strong commercial understanding and have at least 4 years of relevant experience in Business controlling – preferably from a complex international company. We expect you to have a relevant education (Cand.merc., HD or similar) within accounting or finance as well as good English skills. Furthermore it will be an advantage if you speak and write Danish.
As a person you have a systematic and analytical approach to work. You have good communication skills and can work in a team across cultural and national differences. You are outgoing, robust and have a strong personal drive. Moreover you are responsible, understand the importance of keeping deadlines, and have a good sense of humor.
Exiting career opportunities
We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in an international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and colleagues and as Senior Finance Business Partner you will always keep your finger on the pulse. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth and an international career.