Head of IT Operations & Service Desk
Our client is a very successful and well-known company with a strong brand in Denmark and the Nordic countries. The company continues their digital transformation and growth both by acquisitions and new business areas.
The overall purpose of the Head of IT Operations & Service Desk is to support the company’s continued digitization and transformation journey. Head of IT Operations & Service Desk refers to the Group CIO and will be a part of IT management. This means full Nordic responsibility within your areas working closely together with the other 4 peers within areas like Development, Architecture, Applications, Integrations, BRM and PMO. Today IT Operations has 1 Teamlead og 9 employees and Service Desk has 1 Teamlead og 20 employees.
Take full responsibility of IT Operations & Service Desk, create the IT Strategy for your areas, build the roadmap and execute with your Team Leads.
In more detail:
- Integration of acquired companies into the existing / upcoming IT platform creating structure, processes to a smooth adoption
- Further mature and develop the IT Infrastructure and processes regarding continuous optimization
- Recruit and develop IT Operations and Service Delivery talents
- Monitor and report on IT Infrastructure availability
- Monitor, report and follow-up on Major Incidents
- Monitor, report and follow-up on Customer Satisfaction
- Set the scope of Configuration Management Database and champion the value and importance of configuration management
- Receive and handle incident escalations and facilitate recovery and resolution
- Monitor Supplier performance
- Control cost and budget for Operation & Service Desk and optimize cost in the areas
- Ensure modern and efficient infrastructure architecture
- Plan arrangements for disaster recovery and continuity and manage test hereof
- Ensure sufficient IT Security level together with the CISO
You are a natural leader, and you enjoy helping people develop and grow professionally. You have a technical background and understand and have a genuine interest in Operations & Service Desk, and your peers respect you both for your technical skills and strong leadership.
- Experience with leading leaders/team leads within an IT technical environment preferably with leadership experience in Infrastructure, Service Desk
- Some experience with working in an IT management team on a strategic level, creating the IT strategy within Operations & Service Desk, building roadmaps etc.
- Experience with managing new demands for enhancements of services
- Used to driving and securing execution on projects
- Experience with setting up and running professional structure of ITSM, preferably with knowledge of ServiceNow
- Experience with setting up a sufficient level of security (here working together with the CISO)
- Knowledge of driving IT maturity and process improvements
- Cloud knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of standardization and simplification is a plus
- Have tried working with adoption of new companies into the IT environment setting structure, processes etc.
- Ability to create own budget and stick to it
- Knowledge of creating business cases for new solutions to benchmark value of investments
You have business acumen and a mindset of enhancing business value through IT. Ability to deliver in a dynamic, changing, high-speed environment with short to the decisions. You have a natural leadership impact and you put the employees first. You are self-driven and have a strong execution power. You look for results and continuous optimization while keeping an eye on the pitfalls. You have a proactive leadership style and anticipate challenges / problems. You can lead experienced and competent employees as well as new and more un-experienced employees due to your motivating approach and like to be a sparring partner as well. You will create a fun and developing work environment and bring “best practices” into play in the team, drive process improvements, share knowledge and expertise to enable the teams shared success.
The headquarter is in Copenhagen, and you should expect travel activity primarily to the Nordic countries.
The Company offers
A dynamic environment with a great Nordic culture. You will have influence on both the business and critical decisions. If you like a changing environment where you can make a difference and take lead on setting the scene for a really great and well-running IT infrastructure, this is the place for you.
Please apply with your resume here at Linkedin as soon as possible and no later than January 20, 2020. You are welcome to contact Head-hunter / Director Helle Nordved, Management by Nordved ApS on mobile +45 2219 7391, to clarify any questions you might have. We treat your inquiry with full confidentially and will only disclose your information in agreement with you and according to GDPR.